SPRING TWP., Pa. - A Berks County man had to be flown to the hospital for treatment of burns Friday afternoon.
The man was smoking while using an oxygen tank outside his home in the 3100 block of Grandview Boulevard in Spring Township around 2:45 p.m., when a flash fire erupted, officials said.
The victim was transported to Owl's Field, where he was loaded onto a helicopter and flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown.
Officials had no information about the extent of the man's burns. They said his home was not damaged by the fire.
PennDOT will host a public meeting Wednesday evening to show off its proposal for improving the Warren Street Bypass, also known as Route 12.Read More »
- RubberDucks top Fightins, 7-1
- Met-Ed recruiting high school seniors for call center jobs
- Shoppers take last stroll through Fairgrounds Square Mall
- Children's home worker sent to trial in school bus assault
- Unique to celebrate National Pretzel Day with giveaway
- Santander Bank sees mixed results in 1st quarter
- Volunteers needed for big Special Olympics swim meet
- Lehigh Valley Youth Chorus gears up for Spring Concert
- From cigar box to guitar rock at the Fab Lab
- Closing arguments complete in Cosby retrial
- 4 men charged in 2016 killing of man in Lancaster County
- Updated Hanover Twp has questions about proposed facility
- Updated Lehigh Twp nixes development because of stormwater issues
- Car crashes through wall of parking garage in Pottstown
- Meeting scheduled about improvements for Warren Street Bypass
- Palmer hires firm to rewrite zoning law