READING, Pa. - A man accused of opening fire on a McDonald's parking lot is headed to trial on murder charges.
Jonathan David Roman-Hernandez went before a judge in Reading on Wednesday for his preliminary hearing on charges that include first- and third-degree murder and aggravated assault.
Roman-Hernandez shot two men on the fast-food restaurant's parking lot at North Ninth and Spring streets on June 6, police said.
Christopher Cuevas, 21, died; another man was wounded.
Roman-Hernandez is scheduled to return to court for his formal arraignment on September 18.
Seven more people have been identified as suspects in a multi-million dollar drug operation that was busted by law enforcement authorities over the summer.Read More »
- Man charged with attempted homicide in shooting in Reading
- Family concept take-out/delivery spot comes to Bern Township
- Off the Gridiron - Reading High School Cheerleaders
- Test of Reading City Hall's air raid siren a success
- Annual Greek Food Bazaar underway in Reading
- 'Gorgeous,' Taylor Swift's new song, decoded
- Man charged in fatal Lower Mount Bethel shooting
- Study finds victim race factor in imposing death sentences
- Chestnuthill woman, 21, reported missing
- Car runs off road, jumps sidewalk in Jim Thorpe
- Lehighton man killed in crash on Northeast Extension
- David Jaindl holds open house on concept plans for Mary Immaculate Center
- Northampton County DA seeks signatures needed to run for Congress
- It's a Girl: Allentown family throws one-of-a-kind baby shower
- Lehigh Valley Steelhawks hold open tryouts
- Bicyclist hit by LANTA bus in Bethlehem Township