READING, Pa. - A Berks County man faces up to nearly two years behind bars after going on an unclothed rampage inside an adult gifts store near Kutztown.
Santos Iraola pleaded guilty to charges of aggravated assault, terroristic threats, and theft. He was sentenced to 11-1/2 to 23 months in jail followed by five years' probation. He must also pay $3.586.34 in restitution for damage he did to the store.
Iraola, 54, of Muhlenberg Township, was initially wearing only a robe and boots when he began beating up the clerk at Cupids Arcade on Route 222 in Richmond Township on December 9, according to police.
The rampage continued for several minutes both inside and outside the store, with Iraola eventually losing his robe.
Police said they were able to track down the suspect because he left his wallet inside the store.
The clerk was taken to a hospital for treatment of his injuries, some of which required stitches.
At Kutztown University's Keystone Arena, people were shooting basketball hoops to help a charitable cause.Read More »
- Santa's sleigh hits the streets in Exeter
- Opponents of proposed warehouse pack meeting in Tilden
- Ex-DJ says $1 payment to Taylor Swift sent by mail last week
- Snowmaking underway on slopes at Bear Creek in Berks
- Berks expecting to see season's first coating of snow
- Cups of Compassion still seeking donations for annual event
- Basketball fundraiser benefits charity that gives free haircuts to people with autism
- Fire damages several homes, structures in Wilson
- PHOTOS: The first snowfall of the season
- Smoke detectors donated in honor of boy, 9, who died in East Coventry fire
- FBI assisted police with incident at Parkland High School
- Saturday's snow exceeds expectations
- Excitement and cheer fill the North Pole Express
- Temperatures drop overnight, accidents reported across the region
- Husband charged in death of North Catasauqua woman
- Police investigate burglary at house in Hunterdon County