READING, Pa. - A man has admitted to his role in a fatal DUI crash in Berks County.
Adam McIlvee pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of vehicular homicide and driving under the influence.
Officials said the Oley Township man was behind the wheel when his car veered out of control last year and hit a guardrail on West Philadelphia Avenue in Colebrookdale Township, near Boyertown.
McIlvee's passenger, Ashley Harvey, 22, of Pennsburg, Montgomery County, was killed.
McIlvee is scheduled to be sentenced in September.
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Students slime principal as reward for reaching reading goal
- General Heath's Antiques in Adamstown set to close
- Craft beer-brewing a booming business in Berks, beyond
- Governor Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Monster Jam revs and rocks the PPL this weekend
- Updated Unsettled weather continues this weekend
- Updated Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Parkland School District bus fleet hit by devastating fire
- Penn State trustees approve Hershey Medical Center expansion
- Updated Pottstown YMCA Early Learning Center to relocate
- Local gun store offers free class to LV school employees
- Updated Mayor tells jury in federal corruption trial 'I hate fundraising'
- Parents, students, and schools on edge after Florida shooting