READING, Pa. - A Berks County man could spend the next two decades behind bars for the murder of his fiancée.
Ryan Schaeffer was sentenced Wednesday to eight to 20 years in state prison after pleading guilty to third-degree murder in the death of Nicole Monderewicz.
Monderewicz died of head injuries after a struggle the couple had inside their home on Friedensburg Road in Lower Alsace Township on January 5, less than a week after her 28th birthday.
Her death was Berks County's first homicide of 2017.
The couple's two children, who were ages 1 and 3 at the time, were not physically harmed.
Inside the Santander Arena in Reading on Wednesday night, it was hard to find a fan who didn't know Lonnie Walker.Read More »
- Thanksgiving travelers find higher gas prices in Pa.
- Boy,12, with half a heart, named Amity Township 'mayor'
- One Tank Trip: Pop culture exhibit at Reading Public Museum
- Lonnie Walker returns to play in front of hometown fans
- West Reading's Christmas tree in place for 89th lighting
- Tractor trailer crashes on I-78 in northern Berks
- Updated LIVE NOW: Easton vs. Phillipsburg football game
- Remains of final two victims from Barclay Friends fire found
- Kyla Smith: Easton Red Rovers' newest football star
- Life Lessons: Is stress the reason you can't conceive?
- Be aware this holiday shopping season
- Easton police investigating suspicious incident
- Officials respond to late night fire in Hanover Township
- Updated Thanksgiving travelers find higher gas prices in Pa.
- Unity game pits the big dogs against the badges for a good time
- Updated Lonnie Walker plays before hometown crowd in Reading