WERNERSVILLE, Pa. - A man who was shot by police for allegedly trying to run down two officers is heading to trial.
Rodney Hojnowski waived his preliminary hearing Tuesday.
Hojnowski was shot as he drove at the officers in the area of Route 724 and Iroquois Avenue in Spring Twp., Berks Co. on March 20, police said.
Hojnowski then drove more than a mile before he collapsed on Cleveland Avenue, police said.
He's charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault and resisting arrest.
On Monday, the Berks County district attorney ruled the officers were justified in shooting Hojnowski.
Victim in fatal crash has also been identified.Read More »
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- District 3 Wrestling: AAA and AA semifinal roundup
- Walker guides Red Knights into district semis in final game at Geigle
- Thunder strikes Royals on the road, 4-2
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Updated Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Lily's Hope Foundation provides "packages of hope" to families with premature babies