READING, Pa. - Gunfire in Reading resulted in a man showing up at the hospital with gunshot wounds Tuesday night, police said.
RPD officers responded around 9 p.m. to the area of South 11th and Chestnut streets after the victim arrived at the hospital's emergency room for treatment of gunshot wounds to the lower extremities.
The injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, police said.
Neighbors told 69 News they heard several shots in the area around 9 p.m.
Police have not yet released any additional information.
Parents who have kids in the Governor Mifflin School District spoke out tonight at a community forum and town hall-style meeting, as the district looked to take the conversation off social media and bring it face-to-face with parents.Read More »
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Man accused of embezzling more than $400K from employer
- Reading High School to install new, HD security cameras
- Pa. Senate leaders, US congressmen sue over district map
- Commissioner: Pa. plans to eliminate county-owned homes
- Franklin Street Station on track for opening of gastropub
- Updated Parkland schools closed after fire tears through bus garage
- Updated Man shot in the arm outside Allentown nightclub
- Updated Chilly today with more rain, some ice to the north
- Man critical after being shot in the face in Allentown
- Updated Life Lessons: Budgeting on a roller coaster income
- William Allen student arrested, charged with making threats
- Planners updated on Five City Center, Lafayette College projects
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Tractor-trailer wreck closes I-78 for hours Thursday night
- Gov. Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns