READING, Pa. - Police are seeking a man who escaped from a halfway house in Reading.
Joseph Kell Mahorney Jr. managed to leave the ADDAPT facility on Madison Avenue through a fire door shortly after 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to Pennsylvania State Police.
Mahorney, 24, is described as a white man who stands five feet, seven inches tall and weighs 180 pounds. He has brown hair and blue eyes.
Anyone who knows of Mahorney's whereabouts is asked to contact state police in Reading at 610-378-4011 or Crime Alert Berks County via anonymous text to 847411, starting the message with keyword alertberks. You can also call Crime Alert at 877-373-9913.
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Students slime principal as reward for reaching reading goal
- General Heath's Antiques in Adamstown set to close
- Craft beer-brewing a booming business in Berks, beyond
- Governor Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Updated Man arrested for robbing Allentown Dominoes at gunpoint
- Rainy weather continues this weekend
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Updated Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring Ar-15s
- Monster Jam revs and rocks the PPL this weekend
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Updated Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Updated Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting
- Sarah McNary talks personal color analysis