READING, Pa. - A Reading man has been arrested for allegedly stealing a FedEx truck while its driver was making a delivery.
The theft was reported shortly before 11:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of Woodward Street in Reading.
The driver was making a delivery when he saw a man driving away in his truck, police said.
The driver gave chase, jumping into the truck and punching the suspect, identified by police as Randy Perez, until he stopped the truck at North 5th and Buttonwood streets and ran into a nearby yard, according to court documents.
A responding officer, Robbi Folk, said he spotted Perez crouching behind some bushes and took him into custody without incident.
Perez, 26, was charged with theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. He was committed to the Berks County Jail on $100,000 bail.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying