READING, Pa. - A trio of masked men made off with money after smashing through the front door of a store in Reading, police said.
The robbery happened around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday at the Family Dollar in the 300 block of North 4th Street in the Centre Park neighborhood.
The three men, one of them armed with a shotgun, smashed through the front door of the store after closing time, sending employees scurrying to the manager's office, where they locked themselves inside, police said.
At one point, police said the robbers knocked on the manager's door, but the employees didn't answer.
The robbers then helped themselves to cash from the safe and registers before leaving the store, police said.
No one was injured.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. A cash reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information that leads to an arrest.
In an emergency, you dial 911, expecting first-responders to know exactly what to do.Read More »
- Exeter moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- 2 men sought in pair of armed robberies in Reading
- Kutztown baseball punches ticket to District 3 championship game
- Wilson WL girls make history with semifinal win over Governor Mifflin
- Fightins drop 3rd straight in series opener at Trenton
- Updated Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 87-year-old man dies after car crash in Bath earlier this month
- Updated Variable cloudiness this afternoon with most of the rain staying south and east today and tomorrow
- Updated Commission approves LED lights for 'Trenton Makes' Bridge
- Kelly Services to hold job fair in Allentown, looking to fill 300+ warehouse positions at XPO
- First-hand look at training firefighters go through
- Palmer police looking for 2 men accused of stealing $300 worth of razors from Giant
- Northampton teen leads police on 30-minute chase
- Updated 2 men sought in pair of armed robberies in Reading
- Life Lessons: Breakfast at this office?