LOWER ALSACE TWP., Pa. - Mayors from Scranton and Harrisburg joined Reading Mayor Vaughn Spencer to talk about the challenges cities are facing right now.
They also talked about how problems in cities expand to surrounding communities.
The debate was part of the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce's annual State of the Community.
All three mayors said their cities are in financial distress, and there's no quick fix.
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philadelphia
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Updated PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated New report shows percent drop in overall crime in New Jersey
- Updated Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- Updated Judge: Cosby jury can hear about quaaludes, not Spanish fly
- Warm again today with some sunshine
- Sunrise Chef: Sagra Bistro in Hellertown
- Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- WFMZ says goodbye to Rosa Duarte