BERKS COUNTY, Pa. - At the Berks Catholic Tip-off Tournament Friday night, the Governor Mifflin girls and lady Saints opened up their 2012-2013 seasons.
The lady Mustangs led things off with a 59-38 win over Warwick. Emily Gingrich poured in 25 points to lead the way for Mifflin.
Berks Catholic played in the nightcap against Garden Spot. The lady Saints also won comfortably, 61-42. Katrina Balatgek tallied 19 points to lead BC.
Berks Catholic will meet Governor Mifflin Saturday night at 7:30 in the championship game.
At the Exeter Tip-off Tournament Friday night, the Muhlenberg boys and Eagles were in the action.
The Muhls began the evening with a close 71-67 victory over Pottsgrove.
They'll meet the Eagles in the title game. Exeter knocked off Upper Merion 46-29 in the late game.
The Muhls and Eagles will square off at 1:30 Saturday.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival