BERKS COUNTY, Pa. - At the Berks Catholic Tip-off Tournament Friday night, the Governor Mifflin girls and lady Saints opened up their 2012-2013 seasons.
The lady Mustangs led things off with a 59-38 win over Warwick. Emily Gingrich poured in 25 points to lead the way for Mifflin.
Berks Catholic played in the nightcap against Garden Spot. The lady Saints also won comfortably, 61-42. Katrina Balatgek tallied 19 points to lead BC.
Berks Catholic will meet Governor Mifflin Saturday night at 7:30 in the championship game.
At the Exeter Tip-off Tournament Friday night, the Muhlenberg boys and Eagles were in the action.
The Muhls began the evening with a close 71-67 victory over Pottsgrove.
They'll meet the Eagles in the title game. Exeter knocked off Upper Merion 46-29 in the late game.
The Muhls and Eagles will square off at 1:30 Saturday.
Plans are in place for the public service dedicated to the memory of retail icon Albert Boscov.Read More »
- Fatal crash closes Route 222 South in Spring
- Linking efforts In the battle against opioid abuse
- Giant launches 'Bag Hunger' campaign with one-day give
- Jackpot-winning Cash 5 lottery ticket sold in Berks
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Route 100 in Bally
- Updated Friday was a day for the record books
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Updated Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Updated Fatal crash closes Route 222 South in Spring
- Updated Linking efforts In the battle against opioid abuse
- New Candidate for Allentown mayor may face ethics code conflict
- Updated Police allege Weis employee helped herself to $7,000
- Updated Health Beat: Cancer treatment unclogs patient's heart