SHILLINGTON - Governor Mifflin defeated Wilson WL, 2-1, on Monday night in a meeting between the top two girls soccer teams in Berks I.
The Mustangs (9-1, 14-4) atoned for a 2-1 loss at Wilson earlier in the season. Sienna Zittle scored the game's first goal on a great assist from Jen Martin. Melissa Martin scored the eventual game winner with less than two minutes left in the first half.
The Bulldogs (8-1, 13-4) tied the game at 1 on a free-kick goal from Karina Naugle.
Governor Mifflin leads Berks I. But Wilson has one more game to play vs. Daniel Boone. Should the Bulldogs win that game, the champion would be decided based off District III power rankings.
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Greenville jumps out to fast start, holds on at Reading
- Boyertown girls secure spot in District I quarterfinals
- Albright men and women to play for title; KU stays hot
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University
- Berks native, famous artist now lives on through children's book
- Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Man stabs wife, daughter-in-law in car in Allentown
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- New Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- New Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- New Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- U.S. News & World Report rank Allentown in top 100 best places to live