SHILLINGTON - Governor Mifflin defeated Wilson WL, 2-1, on Monday night in a meeting between the top two girls soccer teams in Berks I.
The Mustangs (9-1, 14-4) atoned for a 2-1 loss at Wilson earlier in the season. Sienna Zittle scored the game's first goal on a great assist from Jen Martin. Melissa Martin scored the eventual game winner with less than two minutes left in the first half.
The Bulldogs (8-1, 13-4) tied the game at 1 on a free-kick goal from Karina Naugle.
Governor Mifflin leads Berks I. But Wilson has one more game to play vs. Daniel Boone. Should the Bulldogs win that game, the champion would be decided based off District III power rankings.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Fire destroys barn near Robesonia
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Updated 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR