LAURELDALE, Pa. - The Governor Mifflin field hockey team suffered a tough loss to Wilson earlier this week. That setback prevented the Mustangs from clinching a Berks I title. Both teams were tied atop the division heading into Wednesday.
Mifflin finished the regular season at Muhlenberg Wednesday. Wilson won't be in action until Thursday at Daniel Boone.
The Mustangs controlled the first half. Meg McKay got the scoring started and was followed up by a goal from Caroline Kallos.
McKay then assisted on a goal to Dayne Martin late in the half to give the Mustangs a 3-0 lead.
The Muhls kept it tight, scoring twice in the second half. But the rally fell short, giving Mifflin the 3-2 win. The win pushes the Mustangs' record to 9-1 in Berks I, one game up on Wilson in the win column.
- Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Updated Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire