READING, Pa. - For 105 years, a building on Park Avenue in southwest Reading belonged to firefighters, and now it's a brewery.
"This building was the center of the community at the time it was built," said Kyle Neuheimer, the owner of the Oakbrook Brewing Company.
Neuheimer has worked to incorporate some of the history of Oakbrook Fire Company #14 into his business. Recently, he saw something on Craigslist that he thought would make a great addition.
"It's a called the World War II honor roll. Lists the name of every firefighter from this station, Oakbrook #14, that served in World War II," he said.
But the $300 asking price was a bit steep.
"We were a start-up business. We didn't have that," said Neuheimer.
So, he did some research.
"We found out that it was here at the fire station, and during the time when they were cleaning out the station and they were sorting things, what to keep, what to go, the thing disappeared," he said.
It reappeared on Craigslist, and now the person selling it took down the listing, and Neuheimer said he has no way to contact him.
"Please reconsider, and please, at least, start talking to us," he pleaded.
Neuheimer said that, although he is very frustrated, he hasn't been able to get the plaque back. He's also overwhelmed with the amount of people who donate the history that now hangs on the walls.
"A uniform from the 1930s, photos of the women's auxiliary from 1939, a lot of the history has come back here, and we've been really privileged to be able to receive that," he said.
You can contact the Oakbrook Brewing Company on Facebook if you have any information about the missing honor roll.
The Boyertown girl's basketball team defeated North Allegheny, 46-35, on Friday night at Hershey's Giant Center as the lady Bears won their first-ever state championship.Read More »
- Royals pick up a point in overtime loss to Adirondack
- Pennsylvania Adult and Teen Challenge rehab center expands
- Reading boys enjoy pep rally, not taking support for granted
- Reading Red Knights sent to championship game in style
- Driver killed, another injured in crash in Exeter
- Police ID victim of fatal pedestrian accident in Marion
- BBB: Reading Wins First Ever State Championship
- Arrest made in overnight Allentown shooting
- Fmr CIA Director reportedly accused Michael Flynn of working to oust Fetullah Gulen
- Fmr Russian spy shares stories of life as double agent
- Man accused of raping 11-year-old girl multiple times
- Allentown man dies in motorcycle crash
- IronPigs show off 2nd largest video board in MiLB
- PennDOT to resurface 15 miles of highway in Bucks County
- 12 mile stretch of Northeast Extension to close overnight
- Law enforcement pushes for return to mandatory minimum sentences