DOUGLASS TWP., Pa. - The search for a missing woman in Berks County came to a tragic end Monday.
A worker at a distribution center on the Benjamin Franklin Highway in Douglass Township found a woman's body behind the business at approximately 7:30 a.m., according to Pennsylvania State Police.
Investigators confirmed late Monday afternoon that the body is that of Natividad Nina Salamone, who was reported missing Friday evening.
Salamone, 55, was last seen around 6:30 p.m. at her home on Township Line Road in Douglass Township, not far from where her body was found.
Authorities have not yet determined how Salamone died. An autopsy is set for Tuesday afternoon.
Three separate train rides celebrated the holiday Irish style.Read More »
- State police respond to incident in Berks County
- Reading to hold Craft Time in the Pagoda
- Benefit basketball game played to honor former Schuylkill Valley student
- Allentown men charged after fatal crash involving stolen van
- From restaurants to rails, St. Patrick's Day fun for all
- PSU president meets with community leaders in Reading
- Updated Woman dies almost one year after being involved in South Whitehall car crash
- Man arrested after stabbing neighbor multiple times in Easton
- Allentown Police: Kevin Esterly arrested, Amy Yu located in Mexico
- Multiple crews battle large fire at former Trainers Inn in Carbon County
- A pleasant Sunday to round out the weekend
- Mother, brother react to Allentown teen Amy Yu being found in Mexico
- Irish Community Day event held in Allentown
- Hundreds celebrate St. Patrick's Day aboard the Colebrookdale Railroad
- Fire damages apartment building in Coopersburg
- War of words between James Comey and Donald Trump