READING, Pa. - The Montessori School in southwest Reading will be closing at the end of the semester.
Alvernia University has operated the school for the past few years.
Officials said the school will be closing because of rising costs, declining enrollment and an increase in day cares in the area.
The school was founded by the Bernardine Franciscan Sisters in 1963.
The last day for students will be June 1. School officials are helping parents find other options for their children.
- Health Beat: 5 ways to protect your eyes from aging
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- A shower/some drizzle this afternoon
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients