MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - Police are putting out a plea for information to anyone who may know how a man plunged 50 feet to his death off a bridge.
More than 24 hours after the man fell off the Warren Street Bypass on Sunday, investigators were left with more questions than answers.
Authorities still don't know who the man is, where he is from and how he went over the bridge.
"He had no ID on his person, no next of kin and no relatives to contact," said Sgt. Joel Marino, Muhlenberg Township Police Department.
Police said they hope an autopsy set for Monday night will help fill in some of the blanks.
According to investigators, the man is said to be Hispanic in his 30s to 40s. His body was found in a creek under the bridge around 4 p.m. Sunday in the area of Kutztown Road and Jefferson Street.
"The witness saw what they thought was a person falling from the bridge. They turned around and came back and found a person lying in the stream," said Marino.
"I thought it was one of the kids from the neighborhood, that's the only reason I went over when I saw the ambulance pull in," said Joe Brock, who lives a few houses away from the scene.
Brock said when he saw the victim's body, he was blue. Now, he and many others in his neighborhood want to know what really happened.
"We saw a lot of lights and stuff, but I wasn't really sure what was going on, so we had to take a new route to get home," Brock said.
Police are asking anyone who was driving on the bridge at the time and saw someone walking to give them a call.
"We'd appreciate a call in for some help," said Marino.
The Pennsylvania attorney general's office is asking the judge who sentenced former congressional aide Tim Smith for a harsher sentence.Read More »
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming
- Updated Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Clouds and some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway
- Updated Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead