SHILLINGTON - The Muhlenberg field hockey team defeated Governor Mifflin, 2-1, on Tuesday to clinch a spot in the county tournament for the first time in over 3 decades.
The Muhls (7-2, 12-5) scored both of their goals in the first half. Sydney McCarthy and Taryn Piano did the scoring for Muhlenberg.
The Mustangs (6-4, 9-9) got a second half goal from Kaitie Fink, but it wasn't enough to lift Mifflin.
The BCIAA quarterfinals begin on Saturday.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit In Philadelphia
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Updated Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- Updated Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars and wins big
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- LVPC offers regional industrial development overview
- Updated Warm again today with some sunshine
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity