BERKS COUNTY, Pa. - The Muhlenberg and Governor Mifflin field hockey teams hope to build off successes last season. The Muhls went to the county playoffs for the first time in over 30 years, while a young Mustangs squad qualified for districts.
Muhlenberg (8-2, 14-7 in 2013) has their fourth new head coach in as many years. Lauren Yoder takes over a senior-laden team, led by a trio of all-division players.
As for Governor Mifflin (6-4, 9-10 in 2013), seniors will also be critical to the team's success this year. The Mustangs are very senior-heavy in 2014 and are motivated to get the program back into serious playoff contention.
Both teams figure to challenge defending Berks I champion Wilson.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death