BERKS COUNTY, Pa. - The Muhlenberg and Governor Mifflin field hockey teams hope to build off successes last season. The Muhls went to the county playoffs for the first time in over 30 years, while a young Mustangs squad qualified for districts.
Muhlenberg (8-2, 14-7 in 2013) has their fourth new head coach in as many years. Lauren Yoder takes over a senior-laden team, led by a trio of all-division players.
As for Governor Mifflin (6-4, 9-10 in 2013), seniors will also be critical to the team's success this year. The Mustangs are very senior-heavy in 2014 and are motivated to get the program back into serious playoff contention.
Both teams figure to challenge defending Berks I champion Wilson.
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Greenville jumps out to fast start, holds on at Reading
- Boyertown girls secure spot in District I quarterfinals
- Albright men and women to play for title; KU stays hot
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University
- Berks native, famous artist now lives on through children's book
- Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Man stabs wife, daughter-in-law in car in Allentown
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- New Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- New Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- U.S. News & World Report rank Allentown in top 100 best places to live
- Supporters, protesters line up hours ahead of N.J. congressman's town hall