READING, Pa. - The family of Reading's latest murder victim is speaking out. They're wondering how this deadly shooting could have happened.
They say Alexander Stewart did have troubles in the past but he was getting his life back on track.
One family member tells us Stewart just got a job at a carpet store and she also says he was the light in his mother's eyes.
"He was a young man who loved his family," said his Stewart's cousin Andria Brewer. "[He] would do anything for anybody. It shouldn't have to end like this - dying in the parking lot. No, it's not good. It needs to stop."
"It's has hit our family really hard. This is the third death we have had in the last three months and it's sad and it hurts and we're going to recover from it," said Anita Branch, another cousin of the victim.
The family is pleading for those with information to step forward and help bring closure.
- Updated Suspect arrested in fatal shooting in Palmer Township
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Updated Woman identified in Allentown hit-and-run
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses