READING, Pa. - Jim Murphy homered twice, leading the Reading Fightin Phils past the Trenton Thunder, 6-5, on Wednesday afternoon at FirstEnergy Stadium.
Reading took two of three in the series after snapping its eight-game losing streak with a victory Tuesday.
Murphy kept the Fightins in the game with the two home runs, but it was Maikel Franco's fifth inning RBI-single that proved to be the difference.
Murphy has a team-leading 18 home runs this season.
Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez worked out at the stadium in the morning, but did not play for Trenton.
Reading begins a seven-game road trip on Thursday night in Portland.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Fire destroys barn near Robesonia
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog