READING, Pa. - Early in the basketball season teams love to test themselves. Reading and Berks Catholic have done that the last couple of years against Philadelphia area teams.
Friday was this year's showcase at Albright College's Bollman Center. Reading's boys (2-2) faced perennial power Neumann-Goretti (2-0) and the Saints showed why they have that status.
Neumann-Goretti pulled away for a 64-41 win over the Red Knights. Johnny Davis led all scorers with 22 points for the Saints.
Berks Catholic (2-2) faced Roman Catholic (2-3) to tip-off the evening. These Saints owned the night as well.
BC notched a 55-48 win over Roman Catholic. The Saints' Mike Miller was the game's top scorer with 21 points. Nana Foulland had 13 while Chris Warren added ten.
Rescue crews in Berks County were pressed into action after an SUV and a tractor trailer collided Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
- Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- Bowl-O-Rama owners pinned in legal battle
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals' season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Updated Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Updated Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Updated Driver trapped when SUV, tractor trailer collide in Maidencreek
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Periods of rain or drizzle this afternoon; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest