LOWER ALSACE TWP., Pa. - Upgrades are underway around the William Penn Memorial Fire Tower in Lower Alsace Township.
Pagoda-Skyline Inc. donated a new metal fence to be installed around the tower.
The new fence replaces the chain-link fence that used to surround the tower.
The iconic tower, built atop Mount Penn in 1939, is open to the public on the third Saturday of every month.
The Boyertown Area School District has hired an architectural firm to look at ways student privacy can be enhanced in the high school's locker rooms and restrooms.Read More »
- UGI Energy Services presents scholarship to Berks foundation
- Kutztown baseball making most of playoff run
- Smucker joins bipartisan effort to combat human trafficking
- Reading postpones opening of city-owned swimming pool
- Quaker Maid plant mural to portray images unique to Reading
- Police ID suspect in shooting of man in Reading
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Updated Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- New Jose Rosado and the Allentown School District at odds over book
- New VFW Awareness Day at Catasauqua school
- New Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Updated UGI Energy Services presents scholarship to Berks foundation
- UGI Defends Proposed Bethlehem Gas Storage Tank Proposal
- Veterans highlight issues faced by those returning from war
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime