SPRING TWP., Pa. - Work is underway to replace the former Seafood Shanty restaurant in Spring Township with a new dining establishment.
Jim Lukens, owner of Austin's Restaurant & Bar, also in Spring Township, and other restaurants around the region, announced plans Friday for his newest venture.
Coastal Grille is set to open this September in the Broadcasting Square shopping center, Lukens said.
The building has been vacant since Seafood Shanty closed last August. The site has also been home to Mason's Chop House and Pizzeria Uno.
Coastal Grille's menu will feature about 60 percent seafood and, like Austin's, the restaurant will offer a causal, upscale dining experience, Lukens said.
In addition to his first restaurant, Austin's, Lukens owns J.B. Dawson's Restaurant and Bar locations in Lancaster, Langhorne and Newark, Del.
A judge has denied an emergency request to reopen a beloved bowling alley in Berks County.Read More »
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Last day for Bowl-O-Rama? 'It'll be a shame'
- Penn State Health St. Joseph hires new financial chief
- Penske Truck Leasing unveils mobile app for customers
- Former congressional aide must register as sex offender
- Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated LVHN to move 500 employees to downtown Allentown
- Updated Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- Updated Berks judge hears arguments on closing of Bowl-O-Rama
- Updated Former congressional aide must register as sex offender
- Updated Human rights activist tortured in Pakistan shares struggle through art
- Updated 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Updated Stack goes to work without police escort; Wolf mum on reason
- Updated Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Updated BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Conservation Fund hopes to buy 3,300 acres of land in Lehigh, Northampton counties