READING, Pa. - Reading will soon welcome its newest professional sports franchise.
Missouri Sports Holdings will hold a news conference Monday to announce the third sports team to play at the Santander Arena, formerly the Sovereign Center, in Reading.
Missouri Sports Holdings already owns three other teams, including the Pennsylvania Roar, a member of the Major Indoor Soccer League that will play its inaugural season at the arena this year.
The company's other two teams are the St. Louis Ambush, also a member of the Major Indoor Soccer League, and the St. Louis Attack, a member of the X-League Indoor Football League.
The Santander Arena is also home to the 2013 Kelly Cup champion Reading Royals, which will play a pre-season game before the hometown fans Friday night.
Other professional sports teams that have played at the Sovereign Center include the Reading Express indoor football team and the Reading Railers basketball team.
Rescue crews in Berks County were pressed into action after an SUV and a tractor trailer collided Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
- Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- Bowl-O-Rama owners pinned in legal battle
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals' season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Updated Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Updated Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Updated Driver trapped when SUV, tractor trailer collide in Maidencreek
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Periods of rain or drizzle this afternoon; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest