READING, Pa. - A former Tulpehocken Area High School teacher has pleaded guilty to institutional sexual assault charges.
Nicole Kurowksi had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old male student during the previous school year, state police said.
According to investigators, thousands of text messages and dozens of pictures were exchanged between Kurowski and the senior, dating back to October 2012. One picture depicted her lying in a bathtub, according to court documents.
Kurowski was a physical education teacher and cheerleading coach at the high school. She was arrested in November and resigned from her job in January.
A sentencing date has not been set.
Last Memorial Day, 24-year-old Ryan Benjamin of East Vincent Township was found dead.Read More »
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem