READING, Pa. - Aaron Nola (1-0) picked up a win in his AA debut, leading the Reading Fightin Phils (50-67) to a 9-2 win over the Harrisburg Senators on Wednesday night in Baseballtown.
Nola, the Phillies first round pick this year, pitched five innings of one run baseball. He allowed six hits, walked one and struck out four to earn his his first win in a Fightin Phils uniform.
Reading has already captured the series with Harrisburg and has won three straight for the first time since late May. The Fightins go for the sweep Thursday night at FirstEnergy Stadium.
Reading is preparing to welcome the return of Miranda Lambert for what may end up being another sold-out concert at the Santander Arena.Read More »
- Berks Encore granted share of $2M from Pennsylvania Lottery
- In-home care provider expands to Berks; 25 jobs to be added
- RACC to open satellite location at Wilson school
- Sinking Spring man charged in case of road rage
- Mohnton man ordered to prison in theft of power tools
- Muhlenberg details plans for intersection improvements
- Updated Man stabs wife, stepdaughter in car in Allentown
- Updated Van rear-ends box truck on Route 222
- Updated Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- Updated Attorney general says costs related to Kane reached $3.6M
- Updated Oreo, Peeps team up for new cookie flavor
- Health Beat: Stem cell therapy for osteoarthritis
- Police arrest alleged gunman in pizza delivery stick-up
- Updated Lehigh County executive gives State of the County
- 'Very few' tickets remain for Miranda Lambert in Reading
- Man dies after crashing into tree in Lower Milford