MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - Police say two officers were injured after breaking up a rowdy party in Muhlenberg Township.
Police say they responded to a complaint about a loud party early Sunday morning at an apartment building in the 2900 block of Kutztown Road.
Officials say 49-year-old Juan Pagan, who lives in the apartment, was handcuffed after aggressively moving toward an officer.
While the officers were removing Pagan from the party, police say they were attacked by another man, 26-year-old Allister Dempster.
They say Pagan broke free and joined in on the attack.
Officials say one officer suffered a broken hand and another sprained his wrist.
Officers from several other departments were called in to help.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Man dies nearly week after motorcycle crash in Spring
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Scott Kingery named Eastern League Player of the Week
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot bone in sneaker
- Updated DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Updated 3 white men, 2 white woman seated for Cosby jury
- Updated Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- Updated PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Updated Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Penn State trustees to weigh changes to Greek system
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Updated District attorney investigates deadly police-involved shooting in Allentown