OLEY - The Oley Valley girls basketball team captured a division title within Berks County last year. But the Lynx did not accomplish what they wanted in the county and district tournaments. The team feels like it has what it needs to correct that this year.
Behind 1,000 point scorer Brandi Vallely, Oley returns a talented core of players this season that should allow it to compete for its sixth straight Berks III title.
The Lynx were a young team last season, but they were still one of the best teams in the county. Amanda Rizzuti and Amanda Aulenbach should prove effective outlets for Vallely, as Oley not only has plans for the county tournament, but the district field as well.
Oley Valley is hosting its own tip-off tournament over the weekend.
A Berks County congressman is joining some of his fellow lawmakers in working to find solutions to human trafficking.Read More »
- Police ID suspect in shooting of man in Reading
- Reading postpones opening of city-owned swimming pool
- Oley student killed, brother injured in crash in Ruscombmanor
- Quaker Maid plant mural to portray images unique to Reading
- One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- Former BCIU director, RSD superintendent enters race for Congress
- Curtain goes up tonight on 15th annual Freddy Awards
- Updated Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Updated Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated Health Beat: 3D mammograms or not?
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Two more suspects in Salisbury Twp. raid appear in court
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Arts Around Town: SATORI's 'Shadows of the Samurai' involves specialized art in translation
- Smucker joins bipartisan effort to combat human trafficking