READING, Pa. - Oley Valley and Kutztown will meet in the BCIAA baseball championship game following semifinal wins on Monday at FirstEnergy Stadium.
In the early game, 8th-seeded Kutztown knocked off 4th-seeded Wilson, 2-1. With the score tied at one and two outs in the 7th inning, Kutztown's Kyle Hartman drove in Austin Isamoyer with a double for what proved to be the winning run.
The Cougars' Andrew Gernert allowed one run in a complete game victory, out dueling Wilson's Adam Bainbridge.
In the nightcap, 2nd-seeded Oley Valley defeated 6th-seeded Hamburg, 4-2. Oley's Hunter Renninger drove in three runs. Garrett Pelko went all seven innings for the Lynx to earn the win.
Hamburg's Brandon Fry led off the game with a home run, but the Hawks allowed two runs in the bottom of the first.
Oley Valley and Kutztown will play on Wednesday at 6:05 at FirstEnergy Stadium.
Last Memorial Day, 24-year-old Ryan Benjamin of East Vincent Township was found dead.Read More »
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem