READING, Pa. - Two men who were charged last week with attempted homicide in Reading were apprehended in Allentown on Tuesday.
Alexis Roman-Hernandez and Tilson Ortiz-Velazquez were picked up in the city around 11 a.m., according to Reading police. The suspects are being held in the Lehigh County Jail until they can be returned to Berks County.
Roman-Hernandez and Ortiz-Velazquez had been sought for their alleged roles in the shooting of a man and the theft of his car in the 1100 block of North Ninth Street in Reading on June 16.
The victim, whose name has not been released, was last reported to be hospitalized in critical, but stable, condition.
Roman-Hernandez, police said, is the brother of the man arrested for a fatal shooting on the McDonald's parking lot at North Ninth and Spring streets on June 6.
Parents who have kids in the Governor Mifflin School District spoke out Thursday night at a community forum and town hall-style meeting, as the district looked to take the conversation off social media and bring it face-to-face with parents.Read More »
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Man accused of embezzling more than $400K from employer
- Reading High School to install new, HD security cameras
- Pa. Senate leaders, US congressmen sue over district map
- Commissioner: Pa. plans to eliminate county-owned homes
- Franklin Street Station on track for opening of gastropub
- Parkland schools closed after fire tears through bus garage
- Man shot in the arm outside Allentown nightclub
- Updated PHOTOS: Fire destroys Parkland school buses
- Check in with Eve Russo and baby Maeve
- Life Lessons: Budgeting on a roller coaster income
- William Allen student arrested, charged with making threats
- Planners updated on Five City Center, Lafayette College projects
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Tractor-trailer wreck closes I-78 for hours Thursday night
- Updated Governor Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns