LEESPORT, Pa. - The District III volleyball tournaments began last Thursday night at both the triple- and double-A levels. Exeter and Governor Mifflin advanced to the quarterfinals with wins. Schuylkill Valley is also in the quarters, but they didn't even have to take the court Thursday.
The Panthers earned a first round bye following an outstanding 14-2 season, going a perfect 10-0 within Berks divisional play.
But Schuylkill Valley is entering the district tournament coming off a loss to Governor Mifflin in the county tournament. It was a setback much earlier than they expected.
The Panthers were disappointed, but they aren't letting it spoil their season. The veterans know there's plenty of hardware still out there for the taking, that starts with the District III tournament.
- Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Birdsboro church closes its doors after 180 years
- Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania