BERKS COUNTY - The Schuylkill Valley and Governor Mifflin wrestling teams are among the many in Berks County who are sending wrestlers to the District 3 individual tournament this weekend in Hershey.
Schuylkill Valley alone will have 12 wrestlers in the 2-A field.
As a team, the Panthers won the Section II championship last week. They hope for more of the same in Hershey.
Despite it being the individual portion of the season, Schuylkill Valley is still competing with a team mentality.
Defending District champion Josh Giorgio, who is wrestling up a weight class, hopes he can add to the team total with another gold medal.
In the triple-A field, defending District champ Jan Johnson leads five Governor Mifflin Mustangs into Hershey.
Johnson knows he's in the crosshairs this year. Preparation and focus have become paramount.
His veteran team mates recognize that, as they eye their own success at the District level.
For the complete District 3 pairings, click here.
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Volunteers clean up Schuylkill River Trail for Earth Day
- Brandywine Hts. softball preparing for rivalry game with Kutztown
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts