EXETER TWP., Pa. - A special party took place Saturday at the Daniel Boone Homestead in Berks County to celebrate the frontiersman's 283rd birthday.
Folks came out to tour the historic area where Daniel Boone spent his childhood.
Various 18th-century toys and games were there to explore, and even actors joined the fun playing Boone's family.
The celebration concluded with a birthday cake honoring the late folk hero.
Reading Hospital is planning a major expansion beyond its main campus in West Reading.Read More »
- Captured: Reading man jailed in attempt to kill girlfriend
- Reading Fair contest winner qualifies for Wing Bowl 26
- Baseballtown Charities, GT Church team up on Dream Field
- Berks sports surgeon explains Wentz's season-ending injury
- No real estate tax increase for Spring Township residents
- Berks bus passenger describes NYC explosion scene as 'chaos'
- Accused cell phone store robbers charged in fatal shooting of Verizon employee
- Business consultant charged in Allentown pay-to-play case to change plea
- Behavioral health campus planned for 82-acre site in Bern
- Updated Reading Fair contest winner qualifies for Wing Bowl 26
- Updated Pickup truck goes off road, hits shrubs and mailboxes
- New Jersey man sentenced to 8 years for vehicular homicide
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- Police: Man argues with girlfriend, threatens unborn baby with box cutter
- Handyman accused of serial rape sentenced to 60 to 120 years
- Chester County mom gets 42-94 years for brutal beating death of son, 3