MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - A woman visiting a grave escaped serious injury when she was hit by a runaway car at a Berks County cemetery Monday.
According to officials, a man accidentally left his car in drive, and it began rolling down a hill at the Gethsemane Cemetery at 3139 Kutztown Road in Muhlenberg Township around noon.
The car was headed toward a woman who was planting flowers at a grave, and the man yelled at her to get out of the way, officials said.
The woman was hit, and suffered leg injuries and a bloody nose. She was taken to Reading Hospital for treatment.
A mausoleum was also damaged.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe