LEESPORT, Pa. - A 41-year-old man was struck by a car while trying to cross Route 61 in Berks County, police said.
The accident happened around 6 p.m. Friday in the area of Route 61 and Apple Street in Leesport.
Initial reports from the scene were that the man may have suffered a head injury, but officials have not provided any information about the extent of injuries.
Berks County has welcomed a new group of citizens.Read More »
- Berks STEM students demonstrate patent-pending technology
- Car flips onto side, damages parked car in Hamburg
- Fire drives 2 from home in Wyomissing; firefighter injured
- Rezoning of more than 200 acres discussed at Cumru meeting
- Exeter board hears of alarming rise in students vaping
- Injuries reported in crash on Route 724 near Birdsboro
- Updated DA Morganelli holds summit with local colleges, discusses curbing binge drinking
- Updated Berks STEM students demonstrate patent-pending technology
- Updated Easton police issue warrant for man in violation of Megan's Law
- Updated AmeriHealth Caritas hosts community baby shower
- Updated Annual river clean-up removes trash from Delaware river
- Berks welcomes 24 men, women as newest US citizens
- Allentown man to serve over 5 years for threats against president, law enforcement
- Health Beat: Pediatric sports injuries
- Diana Ross to perform at Sands Bethlehem
- Man in custody in connection to Sellersville armed robbery