HEIDELBERG TWP., Pa. - A pedestrian was killed while trying to cross a busy highway in Berks County on Wednesday.
The accident happened at 9 p.m. on Route 422 East, near Weiser Lane, in Heidelberg Township.
James Grant Gladfelter, 30, of Womelsdorf, died when he was hit by an SUV driven by Yovanny Maldonado-Rosado, 34, of Reading, state police said.
Gladfelter was attempting to cross Route 422 when he was hit, police said.
Route 422 was closed for around five hours.
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Volunteers clean up Schuylkill River Trail for Earth Day
- Brandywine Hts. softball preparing for rivalry game with Kutztown
- Updated Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Updated Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts