SPRING TWP., Pa. - Penn State University's Berks campus will be celebrating diversity during its annual Unity Day observance on Oct. 2.
The event will take place between 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. on the school's Perkins Plaza, weather permitting.
University students, faculty staff and the surrounding community are invited to take part in the free activities.
The celebration will begin with the procession of flags from different countries and opening remarks by Chancellor R. Keith Hillkirk.
That will be followed by a series of revolving workshops that incorporate the theme of unity. Students who complete three of the workshops will receive a unity t-shirt and wristband.
Plans are in place for the public service dedicated to the memory of retail icon Albert Boscov.Read More »
- Linking efforts In the battle against opioid abuse
- Giant launches 'Bag Hunger' campaign with one-day give
- Jackpot-winning Cash 5 lottery ticket sold in Berks
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Route 100 in Bally
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- Updated Friday was a day for the record books
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Updated Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Updated Fatal crash closes Route 222 South in Spring
- Updated Linking efforts In the battle against opioid abuse
- New Candidate for Allentown mayor may face ethics code conflict
- Updated Police allege Weis employee helped herself to $7,000
- Updated Health Beat: Cancer treatment unclogs patient's heart