READING, Pa. - Cameron Perkins helped the Fightin Phils win their third straight 12-inning game as he hit a walk-off three run home run to give Reading a 9-6 win over Trenton. Tyler Knigge (3-0) earned the win and the Fightin Phils are now 29-21 on the season.
Albert Cartwright led off the bottom of the first inning with a triple off Eric Ruth which set up a sacrifice fly by Everett Williams to score Cartwright and give the Fightins a 1-0 lead. Lars Davis hit a RBI single off Ruth in the bottom of the 2nd inning to give the Fightins a 2-0 lead. Edgar Duran reached second on a dropped ball from left-fielder Ben Gamel that allowed Anthony Phillips to score and extend Reading's lead to 3-0.
Peter O'Brien instantly gave the Thunder a 4-3 lead in the top of the fourth inning as he hit a grand slam off Hoby Milner. The grand slam was the first one given up by a Fightins pitcher this season. Reading tied the game off Ruth in the bottom of the fourth inning on a fielder's choice by Cameron Perkins.
The Fightins re-took a 6-4 lead in the bottom of the fifth inning off Ruth as Brock Stassi scored on a wild-pitch with the bases loaded and Lars Davis walked with the bases loaded to score Cameron Perkins. Gary Sanchez hit a solo home run off Austin Wright in the top of the seventh inning to cut the Fightins lead to one, 6-5.
Trenton tied the game at 6-6 off Nefi Ogando in the top of the ninth inning as Rob Refsnyder hit a RBI triple to score Mason Williams.
The Fightins and Trenton Thunder wrap up their series at 11:35 am from FirstEnergy Stadium on Thursday.
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Local libraries fight to survive budget cuts
- Berks man who turned life around giving back to Humane Society
- Legendary coach honored at Kutztown Area High School
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Mango tells Republicans he'll seek gubernatorial nomination
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle