READING, Pa. - The apprehension of a man being sought in connection with a homicide in Allentown led police to converge on an apartment building in Reading.
Police apprehended the man, whose name is not being released, shortly before 9 a.m. Wednesday at North 3rd and Walnut streets in Reading.
The man is described by Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin as a "person of interest" in the shooting of a man found dead inside a trailer behind his business in the 600 block of Nelson Street in Allentown.
A woman called police around 2 a.m. Wednesday and asked that they check on the welfare of her boyfriend, officials said. Responding officers subsequently found the body of the victim, identified by the coroner as Eric Ervin.
The owner of the building said Ervin, 41, of Coopersburg, Lehigh Co., was in line to sell a BMW to a man driving to Allentown from New York. The man apprehended in Reading was in possession of that BMW, which was seen earlier in the morning parked in the 100 block of South 4th Street.
Officers responded to an apartment on that block late Tuesday morning. They are awaiting a warrant to search the apartment where the "person of interest" reportedly lived.
Berks County will no longer provide sheriff or emergency services department resources for the popular Reading 120 bicycle race in 2017.Read More »
- UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Millersville women edge Kutztown in PSAC Tournament opener
- Middletown's buzzer-beater sinks Berks Catholic in District 3 semis
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Updated Nearly record warmth this afternoon and tomorrow with a few showers
- It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Updated Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Updated Police arrest Hunterdon man on assault charges
- Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting