ALSACE TWP., Pa. - A woman was badly burned while making breakfast in Berks County late Thursday morning.
The 50-year-old woman was frying an egg inside a home in the 200 block of Skyline Drive in Alsace Township around 11 a.m., when she was splashed with hot grease, officials told 69 News.
The woman, whose name has not been released, suffered severe burns, officials said.
Paramedics transported the victim by ambulance to the nearby Reading Muhlenberg Career and Technology Center on Warren Road in neighboring Muhlenberg Township, where she was transferred to a helicopter and flown to a hospital for treatment of her injuries.
Criminal charges have been filed in the alleged case of two children being forced to perform sexual acts on their babysitter.Read More »
- Judge dismisses charges against attempted homicide suspect
- Time to hit slopes at Bear Creek Mountain Resort
- Family, friends gather to remember, mourn Miguel Reyes
- 'Shop with a Cop' makes kids' Christmas brighter
- Fire destroys garage in Leesport
- Exeter evicts Viva as country club's caterer, pub operator
- Period of light snow Friday; highest totals south, east
- Wolf signs kids health coverage bill, urges Congress to act
- Alleged sexual 'predator' facing additional rape charges
- Babysitter charged in sexual assault of 2 young children
- Updated Health Beat: Meniscus: Repair or replace?
- New Investigators looking into suspicious fires in Hunterdon County
- Updated Judge dismisses charges against attempted homicide suspect
- Old parking tickets may be forgiven in Philadelphia
- Pete Rose defamation lawsuit dismissed after agreement
- Happy birthday, Coldilocks! Oldest polar bear in US turns 37