READING - The Binghamton Mets defeated the Reading Fightin Phils, 9-3, on Thursday night at FirstEnergy Stadium. Jonathan Pettibone allowed 3 earned runs over 5 innings in his rehab start for Reading.
The Phillies starter was placed on the disabled list on August 2nd with a right shoulder strain. Pettibone said his pitch count had been set at 70, and that his main goal was to get on the mound and pitch competitively for the first time in weeks.
Zach Collier hit a solo home run in the first inning to highlight Reading's offense.
The Fightin Phils begin a 6-game road trip in Akron Friday night.
- Museum field trip a donation in photographer's memory
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Trump's first 100 days: Alvernia professor weighs in
- Berks businesses honored as 'People's Choice' leaders
- PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philadelphia
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges