PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - The Philadelphia Phillies have called up OF Aaron Altherr from the Reading Fightin Phils.
Altherr, 23, hit .245 with 11 doubles, one triple, four home runs, and 23 RBIs in 52 games with Reading this season. Prior to his call-up, Altherr held a 12-game hitting streak, where he was batting .417 (20-for-48) with four doubles, a triple, and a home run along with nine RBIs.
A 9th round pick of the Philadelphia Phillies in 2009, Altherr fills the spot of outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr., who was placed on the bereavement list.
Last season with Clearwater (A+), Altherr led the Florida State League in doubles (36), finished 5th in total bases (212), and tied for 5th in hits (128) and triples (6). Following his season, Altherr played in the Arizona Fall League and was named the 9th-best prospect in the Phillies system according to Baseball America.
Courtesy of Reading Fightin Phils.
"We lost it all," says woman whose home was destroyed. "No words can describe it. It's gone. It's gone."Read More »
- National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- Reading Fightins enlist help of students to design special jersey
- Police, coroner probing death of 18-month-old girl
- Berks coroner seeks next of kin for Muhlenberg man
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Boscov: An American Story
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Updated More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- Updated Man lands in jail on outstanding warrant, $1 bail
- Updated East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- Updated Man dies days after severely burned by cigarette
- Updated Health Beat: ThermiRase: Wrinkle eraser
- Police say pot complaint leads officers to felon hiding gun
- Allentown man found with three pounds of marijuana in car