PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - The Philadelphia Phillies have called up OF Aaron Altherr from the Reading Fightin Phils.
Altherr, 23, hit .245 with 11 doubles, one triple, four home runs, and 23 RBIs in 52 games with Reading this season. Prior to his call-up, Altherr held a 12-game hitting streak, where he was batting .417 (20-for-48) with four doubles, a triple, and a home run along with nine RBIs.
A 9th round pick of the Philadelphia Phillies in 2009, Altherr fills the spot of outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr., who was placed on the bereavement list.
Last season with Clearwater (A+), Altherr led the Florida State League in doubles (36), finished 5th in total bases (212), and tied for 5th in hits (128) and triples (6). Following his season, Altherr played in the Arizona Fall League and was named the 9th-best prospect in the Phillies system according to Baseball America.
Courtesy of Reading Fightin Phils.
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Greenville jumps out to fast start, holds on at Reading
- Boyertown girls secure spot in District I quarterfinals
- Albright men and women to play for title; KU stays hot
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University
- Berks native, famous artist now lives on through children's book
- Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Man stabs wife, daughter-in-law in car in Allentown
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- New Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- New Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- U.S. News & World Report rank Allentown in top 100 best places to live
- Supporters, protesters line up hours ahead of N.J. congressman's town hall