The Boyertown and Tulpehocken girls were among Tuesday's winners in the opening round of the PIAA tournament. The Conestoga boys also knocked off Parkland.
The Bears cruised past District 11 champion Easton, 4-0, behind a pair of goals from Olivia Frazier. Emily Diehl and Darian Ruyak tallied the other goals for the Bears, who advanced to the AAA Quarterfinals where they will face CB East.
On the 3A boys side, Conestoga defeated Parkland, 1-0, to end the Trojans' season.
At the Class A level, the Tulpehocken girls knocked off Millville, 3-1, to advance to the Quarterfinals to face Christopher Dock. The defending District III champs got a pair of goals from Victoria Stump and another from Myriah Troutman.
The rest of our area scores can be found in the "Scoreboard" section of our website.
A longtime dream is about to come true for skateboard enthusiasts in Berks County and beyond.Read More »
- Antietam Lake improvements celebrated with ribbon cutting
- Driver trapped when SUV, tractor trailer collide in Maidencreek
- Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Multi-purpose skatepark planned for Reading's riverfront
- Updated Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Updated KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal
- Lehigh Valley talks Trump's first 100 days
- Updated Antietam Lake improvements celebrated with ribbon cutting
- Updated Health Beat: First responders save surfer
- Airport authority scrambling to handle more cargo traffic