LOWER ALSACE TWP., Pa. - The driver of a pickup truck was injured when he hit the rear of a parked box truck in Berks County.
The crash happened around 2 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of Carsonia Avenue, near the Redner's Warehouse Market, in Lower Alsace Township.
The pickup was traveling south on Carsonia when it struck the truck, which was making a delivery, police said.
The driver was freed from the wreckage and rushed to the trauma center at Reading Hospital. Police said he was conscious and talking after the accident.
- New Congressional districts present challenges for Berks leaders
- Penn State Berks tops among campuses in 2018 THON fundraiser
- Police prepping drivers for roundabout at Routes 222, 662
- Pa. court's new congressional map has big impact on Berks
- Pa. GOP to take newly-released congressional map to court
- Pa. court issues new congressional map for 2018 elections
- Updated Trump tells Pa. Republicans to challenge new congressional map
- 'We're not joking around here, Ed' and other tidbits heard in pay-to-play trial
- Morning dense fog gives way to warm sunshine later today
- Styx, Joan Jett to headline Musikfest opening night
- Baby Maeve gets some life lessons from dad
- Pay-to-play defense witnesses testify mayor not directly involved in bidding process
- What the new congressional map means for the Lehigh Valley
- Upper Macungie police use donation to start child fingerprint, DNA registry
- Hockey players on a mission of hope
- Bethlehem Township updating ordinances