OLEY TWP., Pa. - Alcohol was a factor in a deadly crash that claimed the life of a motorcycle passenger in Berks County, State police said.
The crash happened around 3 a.m. Saturday in the unit block of Main Street in Oley Township.
Police said a motorcycle driven by 47-year-old David Sharman of Fleetwood crashed after a deer crossed into the path of the motorcycle.
The passenger, 41-year-old Elizabeth McVicker of Fleetwood, died at Reading Hospital as a result of injuries sustained in the crash, police said.
The driver sustained moderate injuries.
Both the driver and passenger were wearing helmets.
Police said alcohol was a factor in the crash, which remains under investigation.
So far, there's no word from police on whether charges will be filed.
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts