READING, Pa. - Police are investigating the robbery of the Riverfront Federal Credit Union in Reading.
The holdup happened just before noon Saturday at the credit union in the 400 block of South 4th Street.
The robber entered the credit union and handed a note demanding money to a teller, police said. The teller gave the robber cash, officials said.
No weapon was observed, and there was no threat of violence during the robbery, police said.
The robber is described as a light-skinned white or Hispanic man in his late 20s or early 30s. He had a slight mustache, stood 5 feet, 7 inches tall and fled on foot across the 400 block of South 4th Street toward Bingaman Court, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Updated Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day