READING, Pa. - Police have filed charges against two men in connection with a shooting in Reading on July 24.
Reading Police Department officers were sent to a residence in the 300 block of S. 10th Street for a reported shooting around 2:30 a.m. on July 24.
Police say they located witnesses upon arriving. A deceased victim, Carlos Herrera, was located in the residence.
Through an investigation conducted by officials, police filed charges of criminal homicide against Michael Richardson and Jeremy Collazo.
Richardson is incarcerated in Berks County Jail.
Collazo was apprehended on Sept. 27 in Massachusetts on a probation violation. He was arraigned on Oct. 12 and has a preliminary hearing scheduled for Oct. 26.
Police in Berks County say they've yet to determine the cause of death for a woman whose body was discovered in a remote area of Pike Township yesterday.Read More »
- Parking lot altercation intensifies when U-Haul rams SUV
- Borough Council formally hires new Birdsboro police chief
- Police file charges against 2 men for Reading shooting
- Police search for missing Swatara Township teen
- Reading notches first win of the season, 6-2
- Boyertown Pick Fest in full swing this weekend
- Full list: 142 Sears, Kmart locations to close
- Sex abuse survivors swarm Pennsylvania capitol ahead of state senate vote
- Fire breaks out in second building owned by Nat Hyman
- Updated Parking lot altercation intensifies when U-Haul rams SUV
- New K9 Kop Project to help Bethlehem Township PD
- New Burned buildings' owner threatened; unhappy with situation
- New Behind the Ballot: 7th Congressional District
- Updated Health Beat: CellSearch counts cancer cells
- Updated Police: Driver fleeing assault hits 100 mph on Airport Road
- Updated Woman brandishes rolls, knife in alleged attack on store clerk