MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - A driver who was under the influence of alcohol led officers on a chase, nearly hitting several people along the way, police said.
Matthew Moore drove off after he was pulled over on the Fifth Street Highway near George Street in Muhlenberg Township on Tuesday, according to court documents.
Police said an officer hung onto the car and yelled for Moore to stop, before the officer let go.
Moore led officers on a chase, driving through a construction zone and forcing several pedestrians to jump out of his way before stopping the car and running off in Glenside, according to police, who managed to stop him with the help of a stun gun.
Moore, 58, was charged with DUI, reckless driving, fleeing or attempting to elude an officer, and recklessly endangering another person. He was committed to the Berks County Jail on $1,000 cash bail.
It's not yet officially winter, and we're already on the third snowfall in the region in a week's time.Read More »
- Babysitter charged in sexual assault of 2 young children
- Judge dismisses charges against attempted homicide suspect
- Bell Alley Pretzel saved; 'Now, I can do what I love'
- Time to hit slopes at Bear Creek Mountain Resort
- Family, friends gather to remember, mourn Miguel Reyes
- 'Shop with a Cop' makes kids' Christmas brighter
- Bethlehem police: Man shoots ex-girlfriend, her new boyfriend
- Updated History's Headlines: Christmas constroversy
- Valley Forge Baptist Academy handbell choir performs Christmas classics
- Spirit of Giving: Allentown Rescue Mission
- Raszler defense attorney requests evidence from Horvath trial
- Like a real-life Hoth, Star Wars fans brave the snow
- Ashley's Angels making Christmas miracles in Berks County
- APD vs. BPD in a Christmas tree throw for charity
- East Stroudsburg Salvation Army needs a little help this year
- Easton police searching for shooting suspect